Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Textpattern : the CMS

I had choosed textpattern for the site GoWayanad.com after comparing various CMSes. I found that TXP aka textpattern to be pretty neat and light weight. It doesn't have all those flashy features other CMSes like Joomla offer. But since the site is going to static, I won't be needing all those flashy features. And ofcourse, as the number of lines of code increases the bugs also increases.

Anyway I had to burn high amounts of brain fuel to get used to Textpattern. Getting used to writing articles, the concept of presentation, content, forms etc were very confusing in the beginning.

Given below are few links which gave me the basic understanding of TXP

Then I noticed that Firefox is not auto detecting the RSS feed. How to make feed aggregators auto detect the textpattern RSS feed ? I googled and there were no proper results. anyway, I noted that the directive

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="rss" 
href
="http://gowayanad.com/index.php?rss=1" />

is missing in the 'head' section. Added it in the head section of the presentation > Pages I am using and it started working.

Helpful FAQ : http://textpattern.com/faq/280/troubleshooting-feed-issues

(I will keep updating this blog post with various tips and tricks regarding textpattern. )

1 comment:

Deepak said...

Hey Deepak here, from hoppingspaces.blogspot.com

I could not access the freebird.in site .. so came across this site ..

really nice dude...
By the way.. i have a confession to make... the link to the pics in my Blog, is actually to your pic site...
Unfortunately i couldn't get proper pics (except for a few) and so, had put them up from various online sources...
I hope you don't have any problems... cause the link is direct to your site only...

And by the way.. I was hopping i could do a site link to your web-site from mine.. could you tell me which site should I link to ???