Thursday, May 3, 2007

i bend my knees infront of thee and beg for joost invite

Joost is a internet (P2P) TV application. Its a startup floated by the co-founders of Skype and kaaza. Following Gmail they are using "invitation only" marketing campaign.

And its very difficult to get an invite. Check the chat I had a with a friend ;-)

me: wats ur stat ? ( status in google talk)


galexy: search joost


me: hmmm
invite undel thaaa ;-)
( translates to : please please give me an invite)
i will try
is it good ?

galexy: NO WAY
u have to go down on your knees and beg
me: im doing it
galexy: i am not seeing it :D

desperate me: oh i bend my knees infront of thee and beg for joost.

galexy: :)

ok.. and u shall be called bandipur bayangaran


poor me: as u wish ...
any more wishes ?


galexy: nope
me: then u should act ...

galexy: giving it

Finally I my dear friend 'galexy' [g :-) ] sends me a joost invite and I got the app downloaded. (There is a desktop client which will stream the media from the network. Sadly GNU/Linux is not supported!) But looks like they haven't added HTTP proxy support. Looks like its tricky to support proxies as the application uses P2P networks.

The error message I got was quite funny. It said: 'You seem to be connecting internet via something called a "proxy" '















(Well, I hope I could properly configure the NAT at my home and get rid of the Squid proxy - thanks to the sify internet connection(?) I am using)

1 comment:

cheesecake said...

hi! farhana here :)
my dad also installed joost, and u know, once he was ready to watch it, after installing etc, it errored out, saying "breakpoint reached" or something. sad!